- Explain in detail how JPEG compression works, and how JPEG2000 compression works in comparison. What are the advantages of these two types of compression
|How it Works?||– Utilizes only lossy compression.
– Limited to only RGB data.
– It makes images look inexpensive, due to the low complexity of technique, when using systems such as camera and viewers.
|– Offers both lossy and lossless compression in the same file stream|
|Advantages?||– Offers the flexibility to either select high picture quality with fairly high compression ratio.
– Can get a high compression ratio
|– Better compression tools than JPEG to have a high-quality outcome.
– Produce higher quality of final image even though using when lossy compression.
– Can handle higher channels of information compared to JPEG.
– The outcomes of JPEG2000 looks clearer than the JPEG data compression.
– Able to display images at different resolution and sizes from same image files.