- Identify the meaning of shape and forms in element and principles of art.
- Explore the types of shape and forms that exist around them.
- Determine the use of shape and form in constructing or making an artwork.
- Produce an aerospace product using recycled materials with suitable shape and forms.
You will need this tools and materials:
- Drink cans
- Hot glue gun
- Hand gloves
- Marker pen
This is my design, you can customize your own if you like to. Below is the instruction on how to make a plane like this:
This is what you will be needed to make the Biplane:
Instructions: Sign-up before class started.
- Student is required to wear gloves for safety.
- Body of Planes:
- Take one can out, cut off the top of the can. Smooth the cut edges of the cans.
- Take another can (full can), insert it to the cut can. Make sure it is straight and should rolls smoothly around the table.
- Lower wings:
- Cut the can in a rectangle shape, and flip it and glue it with the hot glue gun so that it is firm.
- After it is glued, cut it according to plane wings shape.
- Do this for upper wings also.
- Wing installation:
- Take the body of the plane, at the top, cut a straight line to insert the wings through it.
- Make 2 small stands for the upper wings.
- Horizontal and Vertical Stabilizer:
- For the horizontal stabilizer, cut a straight line at the bottom (right, left and upper) to insert the horizontal stabilizer. Insert the flipped drink cans through the holes.
- For the vertical stabilizer, cut another straight line at the top, with the ‘n’ shaped cutted drink cans, insert it at the top.
- Propeller (fan):
- Take another full can and cut the tops. Mark a straight line, divide it to 6. Cut according to the line.
- Combine it with the body. And it is done
- Wheels/ finishing:
- Take a rectangle shape of drink cans (which is cut). flip it, and divided it into two sets to make a stand for the wheels.
- take the cutted bottom of drink cans, two sets of each. Glue it with hot glue gun.
- take the stand, and stick it with the wheels. Do it for the other wheel also.
- after it is glued, stick the stand below the lower wings. So does the other wheels.
- And your D.I.Y is done 🙂
I have prepared some videos in case if you can’t understand the instruction above. Good luck! 🙂
Part 1 : Body of planes
Part 2: Lower Wings
Part 3: Upper Wings
Part 4: Stabilizer
Part 5: Propeller and Finishing
This is the end-product :